Every year we each have things that work and things that don’t and some things that just weren’t worth the time we spent on them. As I looked back over the last year, I realized that I learned a lot and while most of what I learned was a blessing, a few items were indeed a lesson I hope not to repeat. I decided to share the lessons I learned to help you as we start the New Year.
Life and Business Lessons I Learned in 2015
- You outgrow people, and that’s okay.
- A great idea that never leaves your living room serves no one.
- Listening to my gut served me very well, I will continue to listen.
- Outsourcing EVERYTHING I do not like to do OR am not good at is beneficial to my business growth.
- I like having more than one Business Coach and my business does too.
- Learning to say NO without feeling the need to explain myself feels good.
- Stop listening as much to what people say and pay more attention to what they do. Actions never lie.
- Trust that when the answer is no, there is a better yes down the road. Be open to infinite possibilities.
- If it feels right and makes me happy, do more of it.
- It’s okay to take a nap in the middle of the day that is why they are called “power naps.”
- If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a tribe to build a business. Build your tribe.
- While I have never loved math, numbers are sexy when you are tracking your ROI.
- History repeats itself when you don’t learn the lesson the first time.
- 2015 didn’t go as I planned, but it did follow a plan. God’s plan.
As mentioned in my last lesson learned, things don’t always go as we plan, but, with planning, flexibility and if you keep your focus on what is really important, it will go exactly the way it is supposed to go.
What lessons did you learn in 2015? Please share so we can learn together!